Hey everyone, I’m Kayla from SayNotSweetAnne.com. I’m super happy to meet you all and do this guest post! I’m a graphic designer by day who loves crafting, creating, and just having fun. Stop by my site for free printables, more tutorials and lots of other crazy stuff!!
Remember that conference I went to a while back? Well, one of the coolest things about it was that at breakfast we were served toast with mini jams. Oh no, not those plastic squares of jam you get in a diner. These were in teeny tiny glass jars! Needless to say I stuffed a bunch in my purse and came home with a little collection.
What You Need:
- Epsom salts. Check the sore muscle aisle. DO NOT use rock or table salt. Its not the same chemical make up.
- Essential oils / soap scents. I got mine online and at craft stores ~$3.
- Soap colors.
- Paint (To paint lids)
How To Make It:
- This is just too easy. It could be SO CUTE for a little one to make bath salts for mommy! Pour the salt into a bowl.
- Add a few drops of the scent. Use a whisk to mix it around. Make it a little stronger than you’d think. The smell will dissapate in the water. I used Cucumber Melon and Angel Food Cake.
- Add a few drops of color. I made green for the Melon and brown for the Angel Food Cake. Use the whisk to mix it. If needed, add more.
- Clean your glass bottles with warm water, a razor blade to scrape off the goo from the labels, and nail polish remover to remove the sticky residue.
- Paint the lids of the jars. I used spraypaint because it was faster. =P
- Once the bottles/lids are ready, spoon your mixture into the jars. Add the lids.
- I went ahead and printed teeny little labels for the jars. You could easily just leave them bar, or tie a pretty tag to the top.
- DONE! Now there is a cute sampler of bath salts!