Today we are joined by Kimbo from A girl and a glue gun! I think her blog name is so catchy! Take a seat and join getting to know her and her journey.
1. What’s the reason you began blogging?
in reality—i was losing me. my husband was commuting and i was a mom day in and day out (which isn’t a bad thing….) but i felt like i was losing my identity. and blogging brought that back for me!
2. What’s your favorite DIY project you have done?
3. What hidden talent do you have, in which you have not shared with your fellow readers? well…i’m pretty open with my readers….i don’t hold back too much (i think sometimes maybe they wish i would hold back a little bit) but i can put my foot behind my head. which got me the nickname limber kimber….pretty proud of it.
4. What are your blogging goals have you set for 2013?
my blogging goals–i have a lot. prioritize makes the list every year. sometimes i get so caught up with the computer i let other things fall by the wayside. another goal is to focus on getting my photography better…and in general to be more serious about it. i love it and want to turn blogging into a successful business—so i’m working hard at making that happen!
5. It seems like it that time of the year where a lot of blogging conference are happening. Have you attended any and if so which one would you recommend?
i think if you can make it to any or all it will be worth it. i think there is a wealth of information to be had…and the relationships you develop with other bloggers are invaluable!!!! go! (i say this because i haven’t gone to one yet and i’m jealous of everything i hear when people get back and post on their blogs!)
6. What was the best blogging tip you ever received and would pass on?
Be yourself. you can’t be tatertots and jello…..you can’t be house of smiths…you can’t build things like ana white (okay..you might be able too..i can NOT) but be YOU. people come to your blog because of you. let your personality SHINE!
7. Do you find it easy in reaching out to other bloggers?
in real life..i’m shy. i don’t approach people–it’s awkward. (one reason i love blogging…) i do find it alot more easier to email people..especially bloggers that i feel a kinship with by reading their blogs. blogger friendships have just naturally happened…by commenting..emailing..instagramming. i feel like some of these gals are my bff….and i have never met them in real life….
8. How do you believe you are able to determine yourself between a small blog,a medium blog, large blog and a super star?
no such thing. blogging is no longer a numbers game….I used to think that if i had a bunch of comments it was a super popular post…now i’m lucky to reach 10 comments on any post…even one that i think it is amazing– people are too busy pinteresting or facebooking to leave comments…and there are a few blogs i follow that i LOVE, adore..think they are the most amazing…and they don’t have very many followers…so i think the real questions is this: are you a SERIOUS blogger, semi-serious…or a for fun blogger. there are the people who are serious…SEO, Linky parties..the whole nine….there is the semi serious that posts pretty often and likes blogging but that’s about it…crafting and posting. and the for fun bloggers that post whenever they want…feel no obligation to it.
sometimes i miss the for fun blogging! ha!
9. Where do you see yourself and your blog in five years?
i love blogging…and i can never see any spot in my future that doesn’t include crafting and bloggin…so…in 5 years…if i’m still blogging…i will be pretty dang happy.
and if i could make a buttload of money…i would be even more happy.
I hope you all enjoyed the interview and stop by for more fun tomorrow.
Other blogger interviews from 14 days of blogger love.