We are joined today by Emily and she is one of my many favorite bloggers. I just love he blog and stop by often. Come and take a look at what she had to say about blogging!
1. What’s the reason you began blogging?
I began blogging to give me a creative outlet. I’ve always loved doing crafty and creative projects and blogging gave me the platform to share those projects with others. I really love the motivation and challenge blogging gives me to be creative every day!
2. What’s your favorite DIY project you have done? Please include a picture.
My favorite DIY project is my daughter’s nursery. I especially love the large, wall-mounted, MDF birds and the mod flower window treatment I made with my father-in-law. Her room makes me smile every time I enter it
3. What hidden talent do you have, in which you have not shared with your fellow readers?
I’ve been a registered nurse for 10 years and spent 7 of those years in the Neonatal ICU. So, I guess my hidden talent is starting tiny IVs in tiny infant scalps. Is that a talent??
4. What are your blogging goals have you set for 2013?
My goal in 2013 is to find the right balance between my personal life and my blogging life. I love blogging, but my priority has to be my family. Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in deadlines and projects, but my goal is to remain balanced and focused on what’s really important!
5. It seems like it that time of the year where a lot of blogging conference are happening. Have you attended any and if so which one would you recommend?
The only conference I’ve attended in Bloggy Bootcamp in Dallas last year. This year I’ll be attending SNAP and I am SO excited!
6. What was the best blogging tip you ever received and would pass on?
Network, network, network! Leave comments, participate in social media and develop relationships with other bloggers. You never know where those relationships will take you!
7. Do you find it easy in reaching out to other bloggers?
Yes! Blogging is a close community and most bloggers are eager to hear from their fans and readers. I find that most bloggers are receptive when I approach them with a question. However, I always give people the benefit of the doubt when they don’t respond right away (or at all!). Sometimes an email or comment slips through the cracks on busy days. If you really want to connect with a blogger, it doesn’t hurt to reach out a second time!
8. How do you believe you are able to determine yourself between a small blog,a medium blog, large blog and a super star?
Hmm…that’s an interesting question. I guess if you feel like a super star, you are one! But, truly, in blogging and in life, comparison is a dangerous game. I try really hard not to compare myself to other blogs because it leaves me feeling inadequate. Instead, I challenge myself to be the best I can be and to grow every day.
9. Where do you see yourself and your blog in five years?
Honestly, I haven’t given my blog a five-year plan! Personally, I hope I’ll have another kid or two. And, I hope I’ll have finally learned to sew pretty, frilly, girly dresses. If I have, you can bet that’ll be on my blog!
10. Anything else you would like add?
Blogging is a wonderful hobby and such a blessing at this stage in my life. But, the best blessing of all is my family! They inspire me to challenge my limits…and my creativity…every.single.day!
Thank you Emily for your wonderful insight!