Today we are joined by Beverly from Flamingo Toes!! I just love her tutorials and I also got to meet her at the SoCal conference last year. She was a wonderful host and I had a blast getting to know other bloggers in the area. Let’s get to know her a little better.
1. What’s the reason you began blogging?
Before I started my blog I was a lurker. 🙂 I read blogs all the time and tried projects – and talked about starting a blog of my own. This went on for several months until my husband (strongly lol) encouraged me to just start my own. So I dived in and really didn’t expect it to do much. I figured at the worst case I’d have a record of the things I was making and learning. I really didn’t think anyone would read it – much less comment or come back and follow!
2. What’s your favorite DIY project you have done?
Oh that’s like picking a favorite kid. 🙂 I have so many projects that I love but I’ll pick the most recent one. We’ve been needing a new entertainment cabinet for a while and just before Christmas I finished up my biggest project yet – converting an old dresser we found on Craigslist into our new Cabinet! You can check out the post here: http://www.flamingotoes.com/
3. What hidden talent do you have, in which you have not shared with your fellow readers?
Let’s see – that’s tough. I can recite the movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers almost word for word. I also can make balloon animals and super yummy wontons – but I don’t recommend doing those at the same time.
4. What are your blogging goals have you set for 2013?
I have some big plans for the blog in 2013! I am excited for this next year. I have several patterns in the works that I’m looking forward to releasing – as well as some big projects that will be happening this year. I blogged about my goals here:http://www.flamingotoes.com/
2013/01/this-years-stuff-id- like-to-do-post/. I’m determined to not let fear or nervousness keep from accomplishing everything I want to do this year!
5. It seems like it that time of the year where a lot of blogging conference are happening. Have you attended any and if so which one would you recommend? I love blogging conferences!! They are such a great way to meet and connect with other bloggers, as well as to learn how to grow your blog. The friendships I’ve made at these conferences are so important to me!
I was able to attend Snap last year and I am excited about going again this year! I also co-plan a one day Blogging Event in Southern California with Vivienne from The V Spot called The SoCal Social. 2013 will be our third year putting on this event and it is so much fun!! It’s just a social time to hang out, shop, and eat – all while connecting with other local bloggers!
6. What was the best blogging tip you ever received and would pass on?
I think the best tip I received was to develop a network of other bloggers to connect with. I think this makes such a huge difference. It is so great to be able to connect with other bloggers – so you can share and help promote, help each other out when there are problems, and just have other people who you can talk to about this same crazy ride. These bloggers have become such great friends and I am very thankful I have them to go to when something awesome (or something not so awesome) happens. 🙂
7. Do you find it easy in reaching out to other bloggers?
I didn’t initially – I was pretty intimidated. I felt like everyone was sooo crazy talented and I’m sure they would really want to answer my questions or help out, especially the “bigger” bloggers. I was SO wrong. Everyone seems so willing to help each other out and make connections!
8. How do you believe you are able to determine yourself between a small blog, a medium blog, large blog and a super star?
Oh I’m a medium blog – that’s easy, from a numbers standpoint. And that’s way ok with me. I don’t need to be a large superstar blog – I am really happy with where things are at. I feel like I have the best readers in the world and I think if things were bigger and busier I’d have a hard time keeping up!
9. Where do you see yourself and your blog in five years?
Wow 5 years is a long way off! I’d say in five years I’d love to still be blogging about my creations, and I’d have a couple craft books on the shelves with my name on the cover. 🙂 If we’re dreaming big anyway.
10. Anything else you would like add?
Thanks so much for including me in this series Loren! I’m excited to get to know the other bloggers too!
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you join use tomorrow for more blogger love!
Other blogger interviews from 14 days of blogger love.